Pier 39 is one of the most popular tourist destinations in San Francisco. In this section of the city, there’s a shopping plaza, a variety of waterfront restaurants, and plenty of fun activities. There’s always something exciting happening at Pier 39. Since this is such a popular destination, parking can fill up fast. So, what should tourists know about the parking rules?
If you’re interested in visiting this hot spot, you should become familiar with the parking rules. Today, we’re going to discuss everything that you need to know about parking at Pier 39. This includes how to get there, discounts you could receive, and how to reserve a parking spot. Keep reading to find out more.
PIER 39 Parking Garage Information
Are you planning to visit Pier 39? The first thing you will need to do is find a parking spot. You can find the parking garage directly across the street from the Plaza Entrance. Please note, the clearance for this garage is 6’8″ high. Vehicles larger than this will not be able to fit in the garage.
The parking garage is open daily, including weekends and holidays. It’s available 24 hours a day, but it’s only available for Pier 39 visitors. You will not be allowed to park overnight while visiting other locations. If a vehicle is left in the parking lot overnight, Pier 39 will have it removed.
It’s strongly recommended that visitors leave valuable items where they are residing overnight. They also recommend that you keep the doors of your vehicle locked while you’re visiting attractions on the pier. This will prevent your vehicle from being the target of a break-in.
Pricing Information For Pier 39
- Weekday parking is $10 per hour. However, if you plan to visit for the day, there is a maximum daily rate of $50.
- Weekend parking is $12 per hour. If you visit for the day, the maximum daily rate is $60.
If you lose your parking ticket, you will be charged the maximum daily rate for the day. Now, before you say “okay” to these prices, you should know that Pier 39 offers discounts on parking. Let’s take a look at some of the ways you can save money.
Parking Discount #1: Flat Rate
Visitors can arrange a flat rate on parking if they act early enough. Pier 39 offers a limited amount of flat-rate parking each day of the week. All you have to do to take advantage of this is make a reservation. By doing this, you can get a flat rate of $15 on weekdays and $20 on weekends.
Making a reservation is easy and you can do it in a matter of minutes. Visit Spot Hero to fill out a short reservation form and snag this discount.
Parking Discount #2: Validated Parking
Are you visiting Pier 39 specifically for a restaurant? If you eat at a participating restaurant, you could receive 1 free hour of parking. In order to receive this free validated parking discount, you must let your server know before you get the bill.
You can receive free parking if you’re eating at any of the following Pier 39 locations:
Wipeout Bar & Grill
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Swiss Louis Italian & Seafood Restaurant
Players Sports Grill & Arcade
Hard Rock Cafe
Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier Market Seafood Restaurant
Luau Lounge Tiki Bar
There is a taxi-loading zone at Pier 39. Motorcoaches may use this area without the cost to drop off and pick up passengers. Please note, you will not be able to reserve a spot in this area. These spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Driving Directions to PIER 39 Parking Garage
Are you excited to visit Pier 39? Let’s take a look at how you can get there.
Directions From North Bay
- Start on Highway 101. Travel south over the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Stay on the left. Pass through the Toll Plaza.
- Take Lombard Street Exit. This will be on your right. Follow Lombard St. to Van Ness Ave.
- Turn left on Van Ness Ave. Follow this street for 3 blocks until you reach Bay St.
- Follow Bay St. It will run into The Embarcadero, where you will turn left.
- Pier 39 is on the right. Keep following The Embarcadero until you pass North Point St., where you will need to move into the left lane.
- Turn left on Beach St. The entrance to Pier 39 Parking Garage will be on the first right.
Directions From South Bay
- Start on Highway 101. Travel north to Highway 80 East. Take the exit at 4th St.
- Stay left until you reach Bryant St. Get in the right lane and then continue on Bryant St. until you reach The Embarcadero.
- Turn left at The Embarcadero. Then, get in the right lane. Continue driving straight for 2.5 miles to reach Pier 39.
- Move to the left lane. Once you pass North Point Street, you will need to stay on the left side.
- Left turn on Beach St. The entrance to Pier 39 will be on the first right.
Directions from East Bay
- Start on Interstate 80 West. Travel across the Bay Bridge.
- Take the Harrison exit. Travel in the far left lane for 3 blocks until you reach The Embarcadero.
- Left turn on The Emarcadero. Travel straight for approximately 1.5 miles to Pier 39.
- Move to the left lane. Do this once you’ve passed North Point St.
- Turn left on Beach St. The entrance to Pier 39 will be on the first right.
If you’re not familiar with San Fransico, your best bet could be to use public transportation. This way, you won’t have to worry about directions or parking.
Luckily, San Fransico has many public transportation options, such as trolley cars and public buses. For the most accurate public transportation information, call 888-555-INFO or dial 511 on your phone while you’re in the city.
Taxi & Rideshare Services
We don’t blame you if you don’t want to waste time on your vacation figuring out the bus schedules. Taxis and rideshare services are an excellent way to get to Pier 39. The best part is, the taxi can use the unloading area so you won’t have to pay a parking fee.