Piers have become an important attraction for tourism and many piers and waterfront buildings are historic treasures or landmarks. Many feature vintage shops, bars, and restaurants and are the perfect public spaces for fairs and festivals. This page is a work in progress and will be updated as we come across famous piers during our travels.
Famous Piers in the United States
Huntington Beach Pier
Huntington Beach, CA
The Huntington Beach Pier is a highlight during a visit to Huntington Beach, California. It is the anchor to the downtown shopping district along Main Street, and to the City Beaches, and the focal point of this tourist destination.
First built in 1904 and rebuilt after two storms in the 1980s, today’s pier stretches 1,853 feet into the Pacific Ocean, making it one of the longest piers on the West Coast. It’s the symbolic heart of Huntington Beach, a place where locals and visitors come out to watch surfers and savor the splendor of the coast – especially at sunset. Not hard to see why is it?!!!
- The Most Epic Coast to Coast Motorcycle Road Trip in America.
- Americas 13 Most Creepy Abandoned Amusement Parks!
- Top 12 Most Stunning Mountain Churches in the World!
- 5 Golden Reasons – Why you should take a Hot Air Balloon over the Grand Canyon?
- 30 Most Extravagant Hot Air Balloon Festivals in the World!